Walton Village Court

Please e-mail the court with questions at waltonvillagecourt@nycourts.gov

Notice: Contact via E-mail will get you the best response!

Be sure to check the court hours to know when you can come in to pay fines.

If you call outside normal hours:

  • Please leave a message and we will return it as soon as we are able to do so.
  • The voicemail recording will tell you our normal office hours
  • Note that our voicemail fills up quickly. Again, E-mail will get you the best response

Please note that the court has a mail drop-box outside the entrance door of the court. Please feel free to use this to leave your fine payments or applications for cases.

Please note that you need to provide the court with your mailing address, cell number, home number, and e-mail address when you come to court, and select your preferred method of receiving reminders.

The Court system will now notify you electronically about your upcoming court appearances.

Walton Village Court

21 North Street, Suite 2

Walton, NY 13856

Telephone: 607-865-6150

Fax: 607-865-4359

Messages will be returned as fast as possible.

Walton Village Court ClerkKristin Beers: (607) 865-6150


Walton Village Judge

Hon. Chad Hall: (607) 865-6150

Court Clerk Office Hours:

  • Monday’s 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM
  • Wednesday’s 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM
  • Thursday’s 9:30 AM to 2:30 PM

Court is in session every Monday at 5:00 PM, except 

Both Police Conference Days and ADA Days are the 3rd Monday of the month

Fine Payment:

  • Click here to pay your fine online (a convenience fee will apply): http://www.PayCourtOnline.com
  • Fines may be paid in person at the address above during the Court Clerk’s office hours posted above.
  • Fines may also be sent through the mail at the address above.
  • You must include a self-addressed, stamped envelope for your receipt to be returned to you.

Methods of payments include cash, money order, or credit/debit card (There is a convenience fee for this option).

Note: Canadians must pay in US Funds.

Small Claims:

For claims up to $1,000 the filing fee is $10.00

For claims between $1,001 and $3,000 (Maximum) the filing fee is $15.00.

Methods of payments include cash,money order, or credit/debit card (a fee is charged for
this option)

Summary Proceeding / Evictions, Civil:

· Filing fee will be $20.00.

Methods of payments include cash, money order, or credit/debit card (there is a convivence fee for this option)

· The court does not provide filing information, including forms. You can find instructions and required actions, as well as download the necessary forms at https://nycourts.gov/courthelp//Homes/LTbasics.shtml

When are court sessions held?

Court is in regular session every Monday that is not a holiday, at 5:00 PM.

The ADA days and Police Department conference days are both on the 3rd Monday of the month.

Court can last anywhere from 1 hour to 5 hours, depending on the case load for the evening.

What are your office hours?

· The Court Clerk’s Office hours are:

  • Monday’s 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM
  • Wednesday’s 9:30 AM to 2:30 PM
  • Thursday’s 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM

Do I need a lawyer to appear in court with me?

Although you are not required to have an attorney, it is not recommended that you proceed to trial without the aid of counsel for any charges other than Vehicle & Traffic infractions.

How do I file a small claim? How much is the filing fee?

Small Claims can be filed with the Court Clerk.

  • The party you are filing against must:
    • Live, work, or have a place of business in the Village of Walton, AND
    • Receive their mail in the Village of Walton.
    • You must provide the court with the exact address (Post office boxes are not acceptable).
  • The maximum amount to file a claim for is $3,000.00
    • For claims up to $1,000.00 the filing fee is $10.00.
    • For claims between $1,001.00 and $3,000.00 the fee is $15.00.

It is recommended that you call ahead to make an appointment to file the paperwork.

For more information, you may pick up a booklet about Small Claims at the Court Office.
You may also view the New York State Guide to Small Claims Court by visiting:


Eviction Proceedings:

Evictions are scheduled as needed. Please call the Court to confirm specific data and time.

The filing fee is $20.00.

For more information, you can visit:

How do I answer my traffic ticket?

It is the obligation of the receiving motorist to respond to the ticket.


Upon receiving the charge(s) you can plead “Guilty” or “Not Guilty”:

You may indicate your plea and sign the ticket according to the written instructions and mail it to the court.

To plead guilty, complete and sign Part A of your ticket

  • Upon a plea of “guilty”, a fine and surcharge will be assessed, and you will be notified by mail of the amount due.

To plead not guilty, complete and sign Part B of your ticket

  • Upon a plea of “not guilty”, you will be sent further information on how to proceed.


A supporting deposition or more detailed account of the incident may be requested if you did not receive one when the ticket(s) were issued.

Note: Be sure to review ALL information printed on your ticket(s).

I would like to speak with someone regarding a reduction or plea bargain.

If you are charged with a traffic violation and before any plea bargains are accepted, you must first enter a plea of NOT GUILTY by appearing for arraignment before the judge or by completing Part B on the traffic ticket, you were issued.

You may mail or drop the signed ticket(s) to the court office, on or before your schedule appearance date. Once a plea of not guilty has been entered with the court, you will receive further information regarding plea-bargaining.

For more information, visit: Plea Bargaining | NY CourtHelp (nycourts.gov

Note: You must have already plead not guilty to be considered for a possible reduction or dismissal.

What if I missed a court date?

Call the court or your attorney immediately!

You may be subject to a license suspension, or a warrant could be issued for your arrest.

 How do I contact New York State DMV?

Call 1-800-CALLDMV (available within NY State) OR 1-518-486-9786

Visit: http://www.dmv.ny.gov

The local DMV is located at 1 Courthouse Square in the village of Delhi, NY

 My license is suspended or will be suspended. What do I do?

Depending on the reason for your suspension, you must either pay the fine/surcharge due or appear in court.
If your license was suspended on the effective date of July 5, 2009 or before, you will be required to pay a Suspension Termination Fee of $35.00 per suspension.

For suspensions that go into effect on or after July 6, 2009, suspended drivers must pay $70.00.

The Notice of Suspension from NYS DMV will give further information regarding this fee, or you can go to their website at www.dmv.ny.gov

You can also submit your identified payment as outlined above with a self-addressed stamped envelope. Send the Notice of License Suspension Order for endorsement. Call the court clerk if you do not know the total amount due or for information on scheduling a new court date.

What is the Driver’s Responsibility Assessment, and do I have to pay that fee?

Go to NYS Department of Motor Vehicles’ website http://www.dmv.ny.gov for a clearer explanation of that fee. Alternatively, call 518-402-2851.

Yes, you must pay that according to the instructions you received or outlined on that site.
It is a separate fee imposed by NYSDMV and apart from the fine/surcharge you must pay to the court.

 How do I make a payment?

  • Payments may be made by US Postal Service or in person.
    Cash, money order, or a certified bank check made payable to the Village of Walton Court are accepted.
  • Be sure to include a case number, ticket number, or name for proper posting.
  • Include a self-addressed stamp envelope with your payment if you desire a receipt.
  • Payments with the incorrect amount will NOT be processed.

How do I contact the Delaware County District Attorney’s Office?

If you wish to contact the District Attorney’s Office, they may be reached as follows:

Delaware County District Attorney’s Office

1 Courthouse Square, Suite #5

Delhi, N.Y. 13753

607-832-5299 / 607-832-6045 (Fax)